A friend of mine writes a blog that I love.. If you click my title above, you'll link to her blog and can read her last entry about a Good Deeds Challenge. It was one that really got me thinking...
What do we do each day to make a difference in someone else's life? I think if I were a nurse or newspaper editor, or hospice volunteer, or minister... I might feel every day I made an intimate difference every day. But are we making a difference in what we do when it's not that direct a connection?
I believe I am making a difference with my Coaching Clients. I believe I give them ideas, be a sounding board, hold them accountable, and challenge them to goals that stretch them to make their businesses better. I believe that they in turn, do a better job for their buyers and sellers. I know that our real estate group, The Burke and Stott Team makes a difference for our buyers and sellers. We have helped many owners this year that really NEEDED to sell, get sold and move on in their lives. We've helped many buyers purchase a first home or a move-up home, or even an investment. I know those transactions made a difference.
In little ways, I hope that we all take Linda's challenge to make a difference... sometimes just with a smile to someone that needs it, instead of looking away. Meeting people with a smile and direct look in the eye is so important when so many tend to withdraw and are afraid to share that intimate moment with a stranger. Maybe a gentle pat on the shoulder or hug for a friend or acquaintance that needs it. With a kind word or even biting our tongues when it would be easy to argue. What are you doing today to make a difference? I'd love you to comment... Have a blessed day.
Donna
No comments:
Post a Comment