Thursday, October 15, 2009

PLANNING - 15 minutes could save you

I woke up this morning thinking... if I had only planned better, I wouldn't be eating this energy bar for breakfast again! It got me thinking on the way to work about how Planning can solve just about any problem. Think about it.... If I planned my meals a week in advance, had all the right food prepared and ready, would I eat better? Yes. Would I lose that extra 15 lbs? Yes. And then I went on... if I planned what I was going to wear for the entire week on Sundays, would my mornings go smoother? Yes. If I planned my week precisely, hour to hour for the week, would I accomplish more? Yes. Would I earn more income? Yes. Would I do a better job for my clients? YES.

I know... we all KNOW this, but do we DO it? As I look at my in-box right now and see all the things in it that I don't even know what they are... I'm in a state of conscious incompetence. Going through the pile and making 3 stacks - Important to do today - Do before the end of the weekend - and the famous "later" pile could really help.... Would I begin to move into conscious competence? Yes! Being concious is the first step, right?

Our real estate business is so often done unplanned... Yet, if we planned better our activites - daily - weekly- bi-weekly - monthly - quarterly- semi-annually- annually it could make a tremendous difference. Think about how much more you could do! If we TRULY planned our business, the way a big company does, with a strategic plan to move forward, we could take our businesses ahead in a fraction of the time it takes to muddle through like most of us do. Do we have checklists for each of those timeperiods? Think about it... 15 minutes could save you - ah but that's another slogan, isn't it....

So, here's the question for you to comment a reply:

What are of your life or business do you need to spend 15 minutes doing some planning with today?

Can't wait to see your responses, because each response will help someone else! Let's hear it!

Donna Stott • Executive Vice President

Quantum Training Systems

The Power of Knowledge • Shared

DStott@qtscoaching.com

Based in Atlanta Georgia • Serving all of North America

1 comment:

William Gross said...

I think planning my day also gives me a peace of mind that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Also, when I do not have any appointments set, I know I am making the best effort I can when I have scheduled time for lead generation, followup, servicing my listings and customers, exercise, etc.